cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firesite4000 problem

abousuhail
Level 1
Level 1

i have a problem with my firesite4000 server, i can't access the ips server and when i opened the CIMC i found that the HDD is unconfigured

is that mean i don't have the IPS on the disk and no license?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

You have stated that you are using "Firesite 4000" by which you mean the firepower management center 4000 series appliance, correct?

If that is the case it runs FMC, the management software to configure your firepower sensors and not an IPS

Open up the KVM console and send us a screenshot so we can verify if FMC is really not installed - maybe it is just not reachable.

View solution in original post

Your appliance is used to manage firepower sensors (ASA 5500-X Series Firepower Module, Firepower 4100/9300 Appliance, etc.). It runs the firepower management center software that you can use to configure your devices and analyze data (connection events, ips events, reporting, etc.)

You have attached an image of your physical appliance. I would like to verify that the OS is installed on the box by checking KVM by either an attached screen or using the CIMC KVM console.

Also could you attach a screenshot of your virtual drive configuration from CIMC (Storage > Virtual Drive Info) to verify your RAID is functioning correctly? I have noticed that one drive is missing on your appliance from your attached image, any reason for that?

p.s. I have attached a screenshot on how to access the KVM via CIMC

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

You have stated that you are using "Firesite 4000" by which you mean the firepower management center 4000 series appliance, correct?

If that is the case it runs FMC, the management software to configure your firepower sensors and not an IPS

Open up the KVM console and send us a screenshot so we can verify if FMC is really not installed - maybe it is just not reachable.

thanks Kaisero for reply me

i'm new in this field and i want to know what is the function of the firesite4000?

It is an IPS?

i attached a picture of it, please tell me what it is for and how to get it run

i attached also a picture of the KVM console, let me know if you want me to run certain commands on it

Your appliance is used to manage firepower sensors (ASA 5500-X Series Firepower Module, Firepower 4100/9300 Appliance, etc.). It runs the firepower management center software that you can use to configure your devices and analyze data (connection events, ips events, reporting, etc.)

You have attached an image of your physical appliance. I would like to verify that the OS is installed on the box by checking KVM by either an attached screen or using the CIMC KVM console.

Also could you attach a screenshot of your virtual drive configuration from CIMC (Storage > Virtual Drive Info) to verify your RAID is functioning correctly? I have noticed that one drive is missing on your appliance from your attached image, any reason for that?

p.s. I have attached a screenshot on how to access the KVM via CIMC

i also got only one HDD in this device, it suppose to be more than one?

my manager bought it last month just like that, with only one HDD

It should be shipped with more than one HDD, but you might wanna check your Bill of Materials. From the screenshot you sent it looks like FMC is installed on the device.

You can configure network settings on your appliance using the following command on the bash shell:

/usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network

You may continue the configuration from the Web UI after configuring the network settings. 

btw... I would recommend removing the screenshots that show your serial number from the forum.

thank you for your advise, and thanks a lot for your help

i will try to run the command you sent to me and i will let you know what happend

pls check the attachment 

i can't run the command: /usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network

the system didn't recognize the sf file or folder

It looks like the incorrect operating system is currently installed. Can you verify by executing the following commands and posting the results?

cat /etc/*-release
uname -a

In case it is not Fire OS you will need to re-image using the image you can download in the Cisco Download Center. A guide to re-image can be found here

Here is the result in the attachment

thanks

so it is an analyzer!!

i don't have any info in the path:Storage > Virtual Drive Info

i attached 2 picture to show you that and to show you the console message

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card