Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR1010 NGFW unable to set up simple WAN --- LAN connection

zmikus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

I have a very weird issue, I need to deploy 2 fpr1010 but I can't do it because I don't know what this device is doing.I tried several things but no luck. I try to manage it locally no cloud management is applied since no net. 

My connection is PPPOE on the wan side. I click the get route information from this connection, but it's not working. I assume its need to add a line to the static route table but its not adding anything. I think because I tried the wizard at the beginning with DHCP wan option (because there is no pppoe). When the wizard finished everything was green and its worked well. I checked the static route table and there was a line with the IP of the default gateway which was given by dhcp server. 

So if I use the wizard I can't setup PPPOE if I not use wizard I can set up PPPOE and add the static route line. This was not easy because I needed to setup another router to get the PPPOE gateway address, because Cisco not tells it. So i'M in a trap. Ha anyone idea how to set it correctly because we bought 2 of this device but it looks like cheaper routers can work much better than these?

br

2 Replies 2

What version FTD are you running?  PPPoE is supported from version 6.6.0.  Also, how have you setup management for the FTD?  Are you using a data interface for management or are you using the management interface?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

The issue you are encountering is likely related to the way the FPR1010 is handling the PPPoE connection and the static route table.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that the PPPoE connection is configured correctly on the FPR1010. Check the username, password, and other settings for the PPPoE connection and ensure that they are correct.

2. Check the FPR1010's routing table and ensure that the correct default gateway is being used for the PPPoE connection. You can check the routing table by running the command "show ip route"

3. If the routing table is not correct, you can try adding a static route for the PPPoE connection manually. You can add a static route by running the command "ip route <network> <mask> <next hop> <interface>"

4. If you are still unable to set up the WAN-LAN connection, you can try resetting the FPR1010 to its factory defaults and reconfiguring it.

5. If you have another router available, you can try connecting the FPR1010 behind the router, and configure the router to handle the PPPoE connection, and also the DHCP.

It's also worth noting that the FPR1010 is a Next-Generation Firewall, it is not a simple router, it is designed to provide advanced security features and it may be more complex to set up than a basic router.

You might want to consider reaching out to Cisco TAC for further help, they will be able to troubleshoot and guide you to resolve this issue.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card