cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD CLI ACP vs FMC ACP

dcanady55
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me understand the following scenario.

I have a L7 application block rule in the FMC yet in the CLI that rule doesn't show a block and quite a few hits.

dcanady55_0-1706647833707.png

dcanady55_1-1706647866772.png

Then if I look at another rule in the FMC that I have setup with a block and compare that CLI output you can see there is a deny in the statement with a hit count of zero. 

dcanady55_2-1706647919907.png

dcanady55_4-1706648031120.png

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you see in the CLI is the LINA access rule.  In the first access rule where you are blocking Bittorrent, the inspection and eventual drop will be done in SNORT, there for the LINA needs to permit the traffic so it will be forwarded to SNORT.

In the second access rule you are blocking all traffic and therefor there is not need for traffic to go to SNORT and it will be dropped on LINA.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

What you see in the CLI is the LINA access rule.  In the first access rule where you are blocking Bittorrent, the inspection and eventual drop will be done in SNORT, there for the LINA needs to permit the traffic so it will be forwarded to SNORT.

In the second access rule you are blocking all traffic and therefor there is not need for traffic to go to SNORT and it will be dropped on LINA.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

If the IP's for same traffic then 

First policy make traffic pass ACP l3/l4 and forward to snort for inspection' 

Second make traffic (same one) inspect by ACP l7 in Snort.

MHM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card