Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD's - Firepower dropping HTTPS traffic using TLS 1.3 Hybridized Kybe

Hello

We have a lot of clients getting the following error when contacting diffrent sites:  ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, we have read that SonicWall and Palo Alto also have these problemes. Solution is to turn off "TLS 1.3 Hybridized Kyber Support" in chromium web browser, and/or I have tried to disable all SSL and "Early application detection and URL categorization" for 1.3 in FirePower.

We are using fw: 7.2.5, have created a TAC case and are waiting for answer.

Anybody else getting this ?

Regards 

J.

Please rate as helpful, if that would be the case. Thanx
28 Replies 28

Do you use any ssl encrypt policy?

MHM

No

In FMC 

Policies > access control - access control

There is 

Ssl policy 

Can you confirm it not list any policy or not

MHM

Im telling you there is no ssl policy, im trying to verify if this only are a browser problem or if there are fixes in 7.2.6.

Other firewall vendors are facing problems.

jasitalymil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have same issue and I don't have ssl policy (FMC and FTD HA  7.2.5-208)

thanks
FF

https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwf00417?rfs=qvlogin

Check this bug and it workaround 

MHM

This is not it, versions dont match, not error either. The problem arose 16 april approx when browser functionality was changes. Upgrade or not to 7.2.6 is the question.

The traffic is https and hence ftd can not inspect inside the packet (without ssl policy).

I shate with you bug and one of workaround is use prefilter' or you can use ACP match applications https action is trust.

MHM

SFrahm
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing the same thing on 7.2.5.1
Prefilter rules do fix it, but since it is a lot of websites not working it is really not a way to go. We have also created a TAC case on the issue. Looking around different forums many are seeing this issue, not just on firepower. 
Hope to get an update soon as this is a major issue for customers.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Same problem seems to happen if a WSA (Secure Web Appliance) is in the path. No workaround there yet, besides disabling Kyber Support in the client browsers.

After going through diffrent blogs and sites of other verdors, I see this has been a discussion going on for months. Seeing discussions on fortinet site in nov last year. Chromium developers are blaming firewall/security vendors for the problem. I guess we are stuck in the middle. Problems started with versions Chrome 124.0.6367.61 and Edge Version 124.0.2478.51. 

I dont have time these day, if you can wait me to next weekend and I will check again 

thanks for waiting 

MHM

swilke318
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue on FMC and FTD HA 7.2.6. What a fun time figuring that one out.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card