cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this bug cosmetic?

RahmaSallm
Level 1
Level 1

Does the descripting of this bug mean that it is pure cosmetic? I should just ignore SNORT utilization?

https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwe21037

How do I find the top.log file? Anyone know of  fixed version?

4 Replies 4

Yes, the bug described in CSCwe21037 is primarily cosmetic in nature. The main intention of this bug is to change the way the health monitor tracks Snort memory usage. You can safely ignore the Snort utilization value reported by the health monitor as it doesn't accurately represent the actual memory usage.

As for the fixed versions, this bug will be addressed in the upcoming Firepower versions 7.0.6, 7.2.5, and 7.4.0. I recommend using the "My notifications" option from the Cisco Software download page to receive notifications about these upcoming Firepower versions.

To find the top.log file, you can access it by connecting to the Firepower Management Center (FMC) or the Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) device via SSH. Once connected, you can navigate to the appropriate directory and view the top.log file. The exact location may vary depending on your specific setup, but it is typically found in /var/log/ or /var/log/snort/.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,
Cisco Virtual Engineer

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

do you have an ETA for 7.0.6?

Cisco very rarely publishes excepted release dates but most likely we should see 7.0.6 and possibly 7.2.5 in the September 2023 time frame.

7.4.0 will be out a bit sooner but only applies to the new Firepower 4200 series. Everything else wanting 7.4.x will have to wait for 7.4.1 closer to the end of the calendar year 2023.

chherna2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the top.log file location:

For FMC: /var/log/top.log
For FTD: /ngfw/var/log/top.log

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card