cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 - MyDevicePortal added device stay i Pending stats ?

mbilgrav
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

What I am trying to do, is to make a portal where super-users can add MAC adresse, which the in turns are allowed on the LAN.
Devices like printers, and other devices not running dot1x supplicants, and are not profilled.
I have noticed the new device portals, in the ISE 1.3 and also the auto-purge function. I kinda like it and want to use these features to support MAB devices via MAC Address Bypass, managed by super-user (AD integrated login)
But I need to fully understand the flow.

When I add a MAC via the deviceportal, it says the state i "pending"
When will a device entered via device portals, go to state "registered" ?
and hence stay in the InternalIdentityStore

Is there a away to overcome the 100 device limit, pr user ?

I expect, that overtime my super-users could end up adding over 100 MAC to the network, and since no cleanup occur, I expect this to turn into an issue.

I have tested with the setting "set native supplicant provisioning policy unavailable: to Allow Network Access. "

Ref:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/mydevices/b_mydevices_13.html
"I just added a device. Why does it display as Pending?
A status of Pending indicates that the device is still not provisioned.
It may take up to twenty minutes for the provisioning process, which prepares the device to gain network access, to complete.
After it connects to the network and it is registered in Cisco ISE, the status changes to Registered. "

0 Replies 0