cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 to 3.2 Backup and Restore Method

GilR
Level 1
Level 1

I have a virtual machine (OVA) standalone deployment and I want to do the backup and restore method to get us to 3.2. I am in the prep stages and I am trying to find answers to my questions but I am not having any luck and I would just like some clarification. 

1. I have built a new VM with ISE 3.2 installed. I gave it a different IP address but same hostname of our current ISE server. I installed Patch 5 on it. I have linked it to the same repository that our current ISE 2.7 server utilizes for backups. I can see all the 2.7 backups in the repository from the ISE 3.2 GUI. 

2. If I simply click "restore" on the 3.2 GUI on the latest backup, will my 3.2 server change to the IP address of the 2.7 build, or will it keep the new IP address? 

I really want to be able to get it all setup and then be able to just simply turn off the 2.7 VM and be good to go. 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It will keep the new address,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like @marce1000 said, configuration restore will not change the new server's address.

However, you will likely want to change it manually after you take the old server offline. ISE server IP address should match the FQDN and then also be aligned with the DNS entry (including PTR reverse lookup) for all nodes in a deployment.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card