Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab Reconstruction, Adaptive Security Appliance

CiscoNovice011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been working on trying to recreate or at least determine the layout of the lab that has been down for awhile. From what I can see the lab was sub-ip'ed through the ASA, and  only permitted access to that vlan through a lab-mgmt-server with 1 IP address. The lab is down, and I am unable to ping what I pressumed was the gateway for those lab networks. 

I am guessing that is because of the ASA configurations. My question is, if I start up a new server and give it the old management IP, will I be able to use those networks? Also, can the ASA route traffic inside the isolated networks? 

Please feel free to correct my errors. I am working from knowing little about this setup, and looking through saved running-configurations. 

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

CiscoNovice011
Level 1
Level 1

I see some errors in my post, I am still working on finding information. It looks like there is an allowed subnet, not just one IP, because I have a NAS that is still working, and I can access it using a 192.168.x.x lab subnet, because it has a 10.101.x.x lab managment IP bond to it. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card