cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from ASA 5500 to 5500-x

Ditmar Tavares
Level 1
Level 1

Wanted to check few things while I'm on the planning of migrating ASA5510 to 5515-X. my questions are:

1- on the ASA 5510 I do hace security+ license,  on the ASA5515x will it come with that license included or do I have to buy it separate.

2- on the ASA 5510 I do have AnyConnect Licenses,  will this license be included in the Security+ license of the 5515-X ?

3-  when browsing for the price I see lots and different prices ranging from 3K to 7K, I'm asumming is because they come with some licenses inclued, my question here is, if the device is showing anyconnect license included, can I asume it has Security+ ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here you go:

1. On the 5515-X there is no need for Security Plus. That only applies to 5512-X in the NGFW series.

2. AnyConnect is available as either Essentials (basic features, one license supports up to maximum number of clients for the firewall) or Premium (tiered licensing avaialble in 50 user, 100 user etc.). The only included AnyConnect license in the base SKU is two Premium licenses (for all current ASA models). also if you need Mobile support (iOS, android etc.) you need to buy an Anyconnect Mobile license for the platform.

3. Don't assume anything is included unless you find specific reference to it in the data sheet or part description. In the picture you attached the last item specifically says the Anyconnect Essentials is included. As it is a 5515-X, the Security Plus license is not required - the capabilities are built-in to the base license level.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here you go:

1. On the 5515-X there is no need for Security Plus. That only applies to 5512-X in the NGFW series.

2. AnyConnect is available as either Essentials (basic features, one license supports up to maximum number of clients for the firewall) or Premium (tiered licensing avaialble in 50 user, 100 user etc.). The only included AnyConnect license in the base SKU is two Premium licenses (for all current ASA models). also if you need Mobile support (iOS, android etc.) you need to buy an Anyconnect Mobile license for the platform.

3. Don't assume anything is included unless you find specific reference to it in the data sheet or part description. In the picture you attached the last item specifically says the Anyconnect Essentials is included. As it is a 5515-X, the Security Plus license is not required - the capabilities are built-in to the base license level.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card