cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi instance 3120 FTD - Each instance in different FMC Domain

centon
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking at deploying a 3120 in multi instance mode with 4 instances but I would want each instance in a different FMC domain for different teams to manage independently. Is this possible? The only examples of multi instance I've seen put the instances in the same domain.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can confirm that while the instances are added to the same leaf domain as the chassis, you can then move them to different domains. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A 3100 series chassis (with its associated instances) must be assigned to a single leaf domain in a multi-domain FMC (at least as of the current 7.4 release).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/management-center/device-config/740/management-center-device-config-74/device-ops-multi-instance.html#add-the-chassis-to-the-management-center-khkjgjkgt

I've looked though that document but it only mentions the leaf domain when talking about adding the chassis and not when adding the instance. And could you move the instance between leaf domains like native devices?

I can confirm that while the instances are added to the same leaf domain as the chassis, you can then move them to different domains. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card