Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with SNMP on the ASA 5555-X

vsmjoao14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a CISCO ASA 5555-X configured in multi-context mode and I want to monitor it via SNMP.

However, I can't find the MIB files for this device.

How can I get them?

I don't have access to ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asa/asa-supportlist.html

Note: Is it possible to monitor all contexts via SNMP?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Support for ftp.cisco.com has been discontinued and or stopped (no longer available) : look for instance at :
                https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/snmp-mibs-and-traps-on-the-asa-additional-information/ta-p/3116514?dtid=osscdc000283
                  And or search for mentioned MIB files manually through search engines                       

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Can I monitor the “partnervpn” context via the IP of the management context?

Example: I want to monitor the status of the IPSec VPN that is created within the “partnervpn” context, however, I don't have firewall rules to access the IP of the “partnervpn” context, I only have firewall rules to access the IP of the ASA management context. Is this possible?

I saw in the link you sent something like “snmpwalk -v 2c -c public <context(user/admin) ip> ifDescr”, but I don't understand how it works.

No, you cannot. You can share management interface between admin and user context though. The context logical interface IP address need to be assigned from the same subnet in this scenario.

Will check my OID db and reply later today 

MHM

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card