Helpful
Replies

Time based rules availability ?

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...

Three questions,

1. I am using Firesight system 5.4 and was wondering whether time based rules have been introduced in version 6.x, or at any plans / road map.

2. What license / contract do I need to purchase (if required) to upgrade the virtual manager and the 7110 sensor?

3. Can we limit bandwidth usage on recognized applications ? What is the general advice and product recommendation on how to successfully manage bandwidth per application, keeping in mind most of these apps run over https (youtube, facbook, etc.). 

All help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Time based rules are not in 6.0. I haven't heard about any roadmap for them.

2. If you have Smartnet on your virtual FireSIGHT Management Center, then you are entitled to an upgrade. Same thing with the 7110 sensor. Part numbers CON-SAU-VMW and CON-SNT-FP7110, respectively, would apply.

3. Bandwidth limitation is also not offered as of 6.0 but I have heard rumor that it will be in the product later in 2016.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Time based rules are not in 6.0. I haven't heard about any roadmap for them.

2. If you have Smartnet on your virtual FireSIGHT Management Center, then you are entitled to an upgrade. Same thing with the 7110 sensor. Part numbers CON-SAU-VMW and CON-SNT-FP7110, respectively, would apply.

3. Bandwidth limitation is also not offered as of 6.0 but I have heard rumor that it will be in the product later in 2016.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card