Views
Helpful
Replies

vfmc-7.4 cannot deploy ovf

Rizwan Shah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team

I have downloaded the vfmc for esxi 7.4.X and 7.3X but i cannot deploy in VMware after deployment its retturn "operating system not found"

any idea

Regards

12 Replies 12

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The feature definitely works as I have deployed dozen for FMCv appliances this way.

Please share the exact file name you are using

Well you are right, past never happened but since we tried all below but no success
"Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.4.1-172"
"Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.4.0-118"
"Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Virtual_VMware-7.3.1-19"
but 6.XX 7.05 is working no issue.
we have open ticket with vmware support engineer connected yesterday but again no success then he took logs & fmc template for his lab test now we are waiting for his reply.

i have separate esxi workstation 6.5 for test but same issue.

Thanks

Yes, that seems very odd. The procedure is prett much the same across versions. Here is the latest one: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fmcv/fpmc-virtual/fpmc-virtual-vmware.html#id_66353

We deploy using the .ovf and .vmdk files.

Yeah followed the same but it seems issue with mf or vmdk file,  did you tried these latest vfmcs

I installed FMCv 7.3 maybe 3 weeks ago without any issues.

I am assuming you have checked the MD5 / SHA256 values to verify the file you downloaded?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Thanks issue is solved, checksum vales were not matching because of improper decompression by some of the windows utilities but  after proper decompression its now working fine it took time to solved because the error message was not clear but it was all about decompression.

Thanks

Nice!  Please remember select a correct answer or answers that helped as this will assist others that are searching for similar issues and also award points to contributors.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

What tool did you use to decompress? Ben fighting this for a week or so now.

yes cball it was 7zip 
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
it will decompress it 2 time first from gz to tar then tar to exact package.

For me with Winrar ddin't work, only 7zip that worked.

tomplixer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco really needs to add a note about this in the FMCv deployment docs. Currently it states "Uncompress the installation package archive using your preferred tool" with no mention of issues using Windows. I was just on a call with Cisco TAC for 2 hours and they couldn't figure it out, luckily I finally found this thread.

+1 for 7zip

I had trouble with 7-zip as well. In the end, I created a small Kali Linux VM, extracted the files and uploaded from there. Worked like a charm on my ESXi 8 cluster.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card