Views
Helpful
Replies

web server hosting

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

My company is having a domain name xyz.com.ae and we receive email on this domain name, uptill today we don't have a company webserver and my management is planning to host a company webserver to one of the hosting services company in US (becz it is cheaper),

As if now if internet users want to send us an email it routes to our isp and by the dns resolution it resolves the public IP and it throws on our firewall.

But now I will also have a web server which will be hosted in US but the domain name will be same www.xyz.com.ae, so what ip address it will resolve and how it will be redirected to the hosting company in US ??

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for your webserver you will need an A-record resolving into the IP address of your web provider in the USA. for your email you will need an MX record pointing at the IP address of your firewall Outside public IP address

use this to verify what is currently in place, so you understand what I mean:

https://mxtoolbox.com/

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

Indeed! Just take care of the NAT for the network part, then ask server_guy to add multiple sites on the same server/private IP.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for your webserver you will need an A-record resolving into the IP address of your web provider in the USA. for your email you will need an MX record pointing at the IP address of your firewall Outside public IP address

use this to verify what is currently in place, so you understand what I mean:

https://mxtoolbox.com/

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

thanks dennis for the reply,

i was just googling out and I came to A records and MX record stuff.

I have one more question

our company is a group of 5 companies and all 5 companies are selling different products each is building their own website how I can publish these 5 no's of webservers with different domain of each but with 1 public IP is it possible ???

OR ELSE  THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO ACHIEVE IT

Yes you can on either Apache or IIS; this is just web server tech display or show off :)

Dear Florin,

you mean to say it can be done on the web server by IIS or Apache instead on the network end ,,Please correct me if I m wrong, 

Thanks

Indeed! Just take care of the NAT for the network part, then ask server_guy to add multiple sites on the same server/private IP.

Dears

thanks for the reply, + 5 to you both.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card