Helpful
Replies

wireless Authentication problem in ISE version 2.0.0.306

mostafashoaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I had a Cisco ISE 2.0.0.306,

I config authentication on wired and wireless, wired authentication works exactly, however wireless authentication gave following problem:

Failure Reason:  12321 PEAP failed SSL/TLS handshake because the client rejected the ISE local-certificate

Resolution:      Check whether the proper server certificate is installed and configured for EAP in the Local Certificates page ( Administration > System > Certificates > Local Certificates ). Also ensure that the certificate authority that signed this server certificate is correctly installed in client's supplicant. Check the previous steps in the log for this EAP-TLS conversation for a message indicating why the handshake failed. Check the OpenSSLErrorMessage and OpenSSLErrorStack for more information.

Root cause:     PEAP failed SSL/TLS handshake because the client rejected the ISE local-certificate

I have been attached screen shot of error, please attention to it.

note: I have run a new version of Cisco ISE(2.2.0.470) and works exactly.

both of ISE have same configuration.

I have changed the certificates of ISE but it doesn't work still.

Can you tel me, whether this is a bug in this version?

please help me,

Thanks a lot

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

99% of the time this is because the endpoint does not trust the certificate provided by ISE. This is because you are

1) using a self-signed certificate or

2) the endpoint does not trust one of the signers in the certificate chain

Either you are not using a public CA to sign the ISE certificate or the wireless endpoint does not have your enterprise CA certificate installed in its trust store.

I recommend asking questions about ISE in the Identity Services Engine (ISE) group unless you are asking about APIs which is more appropriate for DevNet.

Hi dear Thomas

I've checked certificate, Certificate of ISE signed by my domain.

I've imported root CA of domain on the client as trusted certificate.

note: I have another ISE(2.2) with same config, it works fine without any problem, but I have issue in this version.

I asked this question on Identity services engine (ISE) now. https://communities.cisco.com/message/248335#248335

thanks a lot for your answer.