cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set "Maximum number of dynamic neighbors?

Elvin J
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want to set  maximum number of dynamic neighbors using python and template.

I am using cisco-iosxr-cli-7.43.   When I check the tailf-ned-cisco-ios-xr.yang file, i can see that there is maximum_peers under list session_group.  However, I want to set maximum_peers under neighbor.  
I have packages and templates. I can set maximum-peers in the actual device itself.  But I can not set it through nso cli. 

leaf maximum-peers {
        tailf:info
          "Maximum dynamic neighbors";
        type uint16 {
          tailf:info
            "<1-4095>;;Maximum number of peers";
          range "1..4095";
        }
      }

but when i run the command

admin@ncs(config-config)# router bgp  number
admin@ncs(config-bgp)#  neighbor address
admin@ncs(config-bgp-nbr)# 

here i dont see maximum-peers in Possible completions.So I can not set it 

but https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/ncs5500/bgp/72x/b-bgp-cg-ncs5500-72x/bgp-dynamic-neighbors.pdf here it shows I can set in the way I did above
can I set it differently? am I doing it wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

snovello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

first thing is to check if a newer version of the NED has this.

You use the NED changelog explore to see if a newer version supports this leaf under the session group. Here is the URL for the explorer

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/nso/ned-changelog-explorer/

I've checked and I don't see the change (Just let the browser check for keyword like peers and maximum and nothing found.

Then what you need is a new version fo the NED that supports that, for that you open a TAC case, providing a trace of a sync-from where we see the missing command is not recognised, will be of use.

If you want to move faster and since you have already identified in the yang file what needs changing you could just try and copy over the leaf from one  list to the other and recompile the NED. I would only do that for the test environmt. In all cases you should open the TAC case to get the tested and supported NED with the update.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jvikman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many ways to change the value NETCONF, RESTCONF, etc. But do you have access to change it?

i want to change maximum-peers using python-template strucutre in NSO.  I just need the way how to change/set it.   

jvikman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd start with creating a service-package. Take a look at https://developer.cisco.com/docs/nso/guides/#!python-api-overview/python-packages and "Example 88".

It shows how to create a template and the python service code. The template and service code will look different in your case, and I usually do a change in the cli so that I can show the diff in xml format and create a template from that.

But because you cannot set that, I wonder if the CLI session you're using don't have access to maximum-peer. How do you enter the CLI?

If you have the model you can create the template from that as well.

I have packages and templates. I can set maximum-peers in the actual device itself.  But I can not set it through nso cli. That is why I cant set it in templates as well.  

snovello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

first thing is to check if a newer version of the NED has this.

You use the NED changelog explore to see if a newer version supports this leaf under the session group. Here is the URL for the explorer

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/nso/ned-changelog-explorer/

I've checked and I don't see the change (Just let the browser check for keyword like peers and maximum and nothing found.

Then what you need is a new version fo the NED that supports that, for that you open a TAC case, providing a trace of a sync-from where we see the missing command is not recognised, will be of use.

If you want to move faster and since you have already identified in the yang file what needs changing you could just try and copy over the leaf from one  list to the other and recompile the NED. I would only do that for the test environmt. In all cases you should open the TAC case to get the tested and supported NED with the update.