Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Sequence of Commands for OSPF and Switchport Configuration

ndmitri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I am currently working with NSO version 6.2 and the Cisco NX-OS CLI NED version 5.25. I've encountered an issue during the deployment of interface configurations to a Nexus device, where NSO sends a sequence of commands that the device cannot process due to order constraints.

Setup Description:

I am attempting to configure an interface (Ethernet1/1) on a Nexus device named leaf1. The configuration involves disabling IP and OSPF settings, setting the interface to access mode for VLAN 999, and other typical switchport configurations. The problem arises with the default ip ospf passive-interface command, which fails because it is executed after the interface is set to switchport mode.

Issue Detail:

Here is the sequence of commands NSO tries to commit, with the problematic command highlighted:

admin@ncs(config)# commit dry-run outformat native
native {
    device {
        name leaf1
        data interface Ethernet1/1
              no ip address 10.0.0.1/31
              no ip ospf network point-to-point
              no ip router ospf 100 area 0.0.0.0
              no ip pim sparse-mode
              no mtu 9216
              switchport
              switchport mode access
              switchport access vlan 999
              shutdown
              description NCX
              default ip ospf passive-interface <- This command fails
              spanning-tree bpduguard enable
              spanning-tree port type edge
              storm-control broadcast level 1.0
              storm-control unicast level 1.0
              storm-control multicast level 1.0
             exit
    }
}
admin@ncs(config)#

Question:

How can I adjust my NSO service or template to ensure that the default ip ospf passive-interface command is either not sent for switchport configurations or is placed in the correct sequence to be accepted by the device?

Is there a recommended approach for handling such command sequence dependencies within NSO services or templates, especially when dealing with Cisco NX-OS devices through NSO?

Any guidance on resolving this issue or pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The NED should assure the appropriate sequence towards the device, you should probably raise a ticket.