Views
Helpful
Replies

CCW API for List Price?

David Oberst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way to query CCW using an application I build and retrieve an item list price based on the SKU.   I have seen various API references for creating orders, but this is more involved than what I am looking for. I am just looking for simple "send SKU, get back price."

Is there anything out there that does this? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've been looking for API documentation as well, so that I can automate building of estimates, and have not been able to find it.

However I did create a python script to grab the price list and clean it up

https://github.com/wifijanitor/GPL

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Awesome!!! Thanks Stephen - I will have to check this out!

Stephen,

You load file by GET-request with direct link.

Unfortunately this file can be not so fresh.

I think so by analogy with Excel files (but, I don't know exactly - there is no date stamp in ascii file)

in Excel files  - date stamp is inside file.

And I get fresh Excel file when I load it from CCW browser page (now - it is POST-request with some form data)

But I receive about one-week outdated Excel file when I load it through GET-request by direct link (for your price it will look like  www.cisco.com/web/lpc/excel/windows/glus.xlsx)

I used direct links like your to download Excel prices from Cisco site for about half a year

And today I spot that sad fact. :(

Hello Stephen,

I know this is an old question, will just my $0.02.

Building a valid Estimates involves way more than the list price, because it has to be validated by the configuration engine of CCW. According to my experience, trying to do it outside of CCW is extremely difficult and slow process.  

There is a new set of Catalog API that can help with pricing.

Once you build an Estimate manually on CCW, you can use the Estimate API to retrieve with the list prices.

We have lots of experience in this area and I would love to help, feel free to contact me directly (raphael.epstein@stratavar.com)