cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you change the background image in IP Communicator

brodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Can you load an image file from you local workstation as the background in IP communicator?

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Background images in IP Communicator are changed by going to Settings -> User Preferences -> Background Images. Take a look at the following link for setting up the images that are available.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805ecd36.html#wp1030672

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

The first image worked great, but...

I made and applied all the correct directories, images, and files needed for the custom background.

I tested it on IP communicator and it worked great, with the image showing up as selection 2.

Then I added another image selection; meaning I added the formatted image files and edited .xml file.

Restarted IP Communicator and it still only shows the 1st custom image I created.

I have checked and rechecked the .xml file along with the formatting of the images and still only 1 custom image is there.

Ideas -

Maybe there is a ?reload? command that I need to use on the phone itself?

Is there any difference if the image is loaded on a Subscriber or Publisher

- Currently I have it loaded on a subscrber that I also have confirmed that is set as the TFTP server for the IP Communicator.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this issue.

Chris

Did you reset the tftp service?

Just found that.. Will be trying it..

Thanks!

That did the trick. Thanks for the assist!

It doesn't works with CME, because IPC is asking for Desktops\320x212x12\List.xml but tftp sevrer integrated in IOS CME can't recognize backslash "\".

It is possible to configure correctly with

tftp-server flash:/Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml alias Desktops\334320x212x12\334List.xml.

Backslach must be written as \334, because \nnn puts charracter in octal presentation.

If you try enter without \334 (only \) then you get wrong alias.

Finally tftp server in IOS CME can't recognize it, no way to make it correctly.

Have you any idea?

I found solution.

In IPC select Preferences (right click).

Open Network tab.

Now edit TFTP servers:

TFTP server 1: 127.0.0.1

TFTP server 2: CME-IPaddress

Run any TFTP server on your PC.

IPC try get List.xml from first configured TFTP server 1 (your PC with running any TFTP server). Other files IPC can find on real CME.

It's little tricky but working.

You can also use as TFTPserver1 other PC with needed resources. :))