Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Divert Key

lacey.venable1
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning!

How do I configure a 99xx series VOIP phone to have a IDivert softkey? I have created a feature control policy and added it to the physical phone settings & reset the device but am having no luck with the functionality working properly. 

Thanks,

Lacey Fite-Venable

LAN & WAN Coordinator

Information Technology

Galveston County

Phone:409-766-2215

Fax: 409-765-2905

Lacey.Fite@co.galveston.tx.us

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edit: Just tried configuring iDivert on a 9971 in a lab and it works as expected. All that is necessary is creating a Feature Control Policy with Divert enabled and assigning it to the phone.

Alternatively, find Softkey Control setting on the bottom of the phone configuration page and change it to Softkey Template, then the assigned Softkey Template will take effect instead of Feature Control Policy.

If it still doesn't work, check that there are no "Trust List update failed" status messages on the phone.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might have your system to use softkey templates, have you tried changing it there?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The softkey template includes the IDivert key, verified.

We do use softkey templates, can I change this via individual devices rather the entire system?

The softkey template is configured per device, it's not a global config, if you want this for specific devices, create a softkey template for those.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Correct but isn't the IDivert softkey unsupported by the Cisco 9971 model phones? I have a softkey configured but the option does not show up on the phone. I created a feature control policy as a work around but am still not able to use IDivert on this model phone. Thanks!!

Edit: Just tried configuring iDivert on a 9971 in a lab and it works as expected. All that is necessary is creating a Feature Control Policy with Divert enabled and assigning it to the phone.

Alternatively, find Softkey Control setting on the bottom of the phone configuration page and change it to Softkey Template, then the assigned Softkey Template will take effect instead of Feature Control Policy.

If it still doesn't work, check that there are no "Trust List update failed" status messages on the phone.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/66851/idivert-99xx-phones

Regards

Deepak

This option had unsuccessful results; do you know of any other work around?

lacey.venable1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Evgeny Izetov for the help!! I have successfully added the iDivert softkey to the 9971 phone by creating the Feature control policy.