Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM integration with Webex Cloud

osw200051
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

If I need to integration CUCM 11.0 to Webex Cloud, If there are any additional application I need to install to achieve my goal?

Here is my current application installed:

cucm

cuc

imp

expressway C & E (8.7) for MRA

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't need anything extra beyond what you have, just need to be able to make B2B calls out your Expressway to WebEx from CUCM, take a look at the CMR Cloud Enterprise Deployment Guide (WBS31).

Hi Patrick,

From expressway version 8.8, I see from the guide, it mentions in expressway 8.8 and call to WebEx cloud CMR no need any RMS license.

Is it correctly for me situation?

Thanks

Correct. Cisco has exempted Cloud CMR from consuming an RMS license in the same way it has exempted MRA calls.

Hi Jonathan & Patrick,

Thank you.

But for more, how does expressway know that my call is to Cisco webex then, it does not require any RMS license? How does expressway can Distinguish whether my call is B2B or Cisco CMR and then expressway could count my RMS license correctly?

Thanks

I don't know the specifics, but my assumption is the Expressway looks at the SIP address, if it matches the format of a WebEx address, RMS license isn't needed.

Example: user@sitename.webex.com or number@sitename.webex.com

The dialed WebEx address cannot be transformed by the Expressway, and it only applies to SIP calls.  The release notes I linked to in my earlier post has some information regarding this.

Um..for the expressway setting for Cisco Webex, is it any special setting need to be done for it? Or just as same as the B2B calling setting on expressway is fine?

Thanks

If you're already capable of making B2B calls, that is sufficient and what I do myself, or you could create a separate traversal and dns zones etc just for CMR Cloud calls.  Refer to the CMR Cloud deployment guide I linked to earlier for more information to best decide.

Correct, however under certain circumstances an RMS license will be needed, you can read the details about the CMR Cloud license bypass in the Expressway X8.6 Release Notes.

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All 

I know it was long time since this discussion closed but I have the same doubts when I register video endpoints to webex cloud and I need to integrate them with on premise cucm. 

Do I still need expressway with RMS? Can the telepresence device register in two sites webex cloud and cucm? 

To integrate the cloud registered endpoints into your on-prem environment you should look at Hybrid Calling. Have a look at this document for more information. Deployment Guide for Hybrid Calling for Cisco Webex Devices (Device Connector) - Cisco

Response Signature