Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom User Field Name on CUCM

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have this field on AD that I need to sync to CUCM. But apparently CUCM does not sync that AD field by default. And there is this column "Custom User Field Name". If I read on Cisco documentation, it "allows you to synchronize LDAP directory attributes that are not included among the defaults for the Standard User Fields to be Synchronized". Has anyone done this before? Is there any downside when using this feature? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's really no downside for this, just be aware that those custom fields are not used by CUCM, but meant to be used by other applications, like AC.

And they don't show up in the GUI.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's really no downside for this, just be aware that those custom fields are not used by CUCM, but meant to be used by other applications, like AC.

And they don't show up in the GUI.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It can also help administrators find, categorize, and select users programmatically, if say for example you were using run sql select from the command line or axl sql toolkit.

Hi Jaime and Anthony,

I already added the custom LDAP field, and it does not show up on GUI as expected. And yes I intended to run sql command for AXL purpose. Thanks guys.