Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize Ringback tone

karandashov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I need to customize ringback tone to sound information on my CUCM+CCX system. How can I do this?

I found old post, but I hope situation had changed.

4 Replies 4

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I dont think there is any way to change the ring back tone on CUCM. In your query you mentioned UCCX. You can change what the users hear when UCCX transfers the call to the agent. UCCX uses a consult transfer to send calls to the agent, so you're not going to hear ringback, you're going to hear the network MOH source as configured on UCCX's CTI port pool. You can configure a custom music on hold for ringback, upload it on CUCM servers which have IP voice media streaming service running, restart the IPVMS service and select this file as Network MOH on the CTI ports.

Aseem

Thanks for the answer. I found information about this. But I want to ask if I configure MOH with UCCX, UCCX answer the call and then play MOH?

MOH will still be played by CM, UCCX will only instruct CM what MOH to play and when to play it. As mentioned earlier, Network MOH Audio Source will be played when the call will transfer from the CTI Port to Agent. User Hold Audio Source will be played whenever call will hit the Call Hold step in the script.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is your definition of customize ringtone?? As Aseem pointed out you can define MOH on Network Audio Source on the Call Control Group, I would like to add here that the MOH you define there will in fact be the ringback tone only which caller will hear while the call is being transferred to the agent (network initiated hold). What music plays here for the ringback i.e, simple tring-tring, some music etc will be decided by the audio source file you upload to CM. There is User Hold Audio Source as well on the CCG that will come into effect when you use the Call Hold and Call Unhold steps in the script (sort of manual hold)

Apart from the above, you have option of using Play Prompt in the script to play whatever you want to the caller and in this scenario you will need to upload the required prompts on UCCX itself.

Regards

Deepak