Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Gateway with 2 connected PRI

Hi everybody!

I've a CCM cluster that uses a Cisco 3660 as H323 gateway. On the 3660 I've 2 PRI connected to 2 E1 ports. Each trunk has its own telephone number (in a DID environment). My question is: is there a way to select the trunk to use for outbound calls based on the caller number ? I known that I could use different prefix but this is not good solution according to my customer.

Thanks for your help.

Bye, Francesco

2 Replies 2

eyabane
Level 1
Level 1

Francesco,

the latest releases of Cisco IOS have a routing feature based on circuit ID (trunk group, or customer ID), which allows you to assign each E1 to a different Trunk group and based on the ingress number select which trunk/port to use for egress. I believe it started with IOS 12.2.11Tx. My compnay (nextone.com) does have a solution that supports this feature as well as giving you better routing capability and mulitsignal (SIP/H323) conversion. i can give you more info if you are interested.

E.

Hi Eyabane.

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll be very gratefull if you could send me some more information about it (some links on the CCO or to some document that describe this routing feature).

Thanks again,

Francesco