cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kind of new to this, have a fairly simple question

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

I have written a couple of services in XML and am currently trying to get more dynamic information by using ASP to do database pulls and whatnot. The problem that I am running into is that I can't get the ASP page to return information in the format that the phone recognizes as xml tags. It just prints everything out, tags and all as text on the screen. I have tried using: response.contenttype "text/xml" but when I use that (and it may be something with the rest of my code) I just get the base services page coming back to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John.

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you have the IP Services SDK? If not I suggest you download it, then take a working service from the SDK and change it to fit your needs.. that way you already have a working "framework" for the code you're going to add.

BTW I could imagine that cases do matter quite a lot.. my ASP files (mind you that I don't write services using ASP, in JSP things are a bit different), always have these two codelines before anything else:

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

and they end with a

Response.Flush();

Hmm, I hadn't had the Response.Flush() but I am still getting the same results afterwards. I guess the issue that I am having is that I am used to working with VBscript and all of the examples are in javascript. Any suggestions on books, etc for me to learn jsp or javascript? I think if I move towards that direction that it might be easier for me to do this simply because I will have the examples to help me along.