cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Sense Video on Hold (VOH) and UCCX QUEUE (video on queue) Resource selection criteria

Nuno Melo
Level 4
Level 4

i have been fiddling Around with the Video on hold feature provided by media sense and UCCX Queuing and found the following:

If you create 2 sip trunks to Media Sense with different videos .I.E

Sip trunk 1 = Video 1

Sip trunk 2 = Video 2

and then create 2 VOH resources so:

Vdeo on hold Server 1= Sip trunk1 = Video 1

Video on hold Server 2 = Sip trunk 2 = Video 2

1 for each sip trunk towards Media Sense, and then we create the Media Resources

MRGL - Phones:

MRG - Video Streams:

* Video on hold server 1

* Video on hold server 2

AND

MRGL - CTI -CCG1

MRG-VideoStream

* Video on hold server 1

MRGL - CTI -CCG2

MRG-VideoStream

* Video on hold server 2

Also create specific Media Resource Group Lists for the CTI ports to invoke only 1 of the videos, it doesn't seem to be possible to change the video wich is presented.

I cant find any documentation that refers the resource selection when it comes to video on hold serves on the CallManager SRN but through the tests i have done it seems the same Video is always selected for hold

Can any body shed some light on the subject, since the the resource selection doenst seem to be the same for VOH as it is for MOH. Perhaps this is an unsupported scenario however it would like to know how VOH resources get selected in a hold call.

Regards,

Nuno

2 Replies 2

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

i have implemented video on hold feature. its pretty simple. i hv cucm11.5.x

1.upload the video in MediaSense. create a incoming address. (say  voh4)

2.create a SIP trunk to MediaSense.

3.now go to cucm resources --> video on hold and change the

Default Video Content Identifier*

to voh4.

select the SIP turnk.

4. add the VOH in MRG  then to MRGL. make it on top of other items in MRG.

5. attach the VOH on video enabled devices in DP.

HTH

AMMAR

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

Hello Ammar,

Yes put it working with 1 stream is simple, i was also able to do this however if you want to create more that 1 stream and put different streams in a queue, its not so clear.

The video selection criteria if you have more than 1 VOH Server on a MRG is not explained on the CallManager SRND document.

If you assume it works as MOH resource, throughout my tests i find it doesnt, and the behaviour doesn't seem to be documented by Cisco.