Views
Helpful
Replies

override active call by informacast paging

Mortaza Rohani
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

here in informacast documents says it is possible to "override phones that are in use". but i didn't find anything about it in cisco documents.

does any one have experience about it?

otherwise, is there any other third-party paging system with this capability?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the Video Over IP community, might want to kove to the other collaboration subjects area

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for mention, i moved it.

now do you have any idea about the problem?

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco supports the basic paging. To get the feature you are talking about, you would need to purchase Advanced InformaCast. That would be supported by Singlewire. This would explain why you don't see anything about the feature in Cisco docs. 

I don't know of any other paging system that would have this feature. Not because it isn't out there, but because I have yet to deal with a paging solution other than InformaCast.

"InformaCast Basic Paging provides FREE live audio paging only between Cisco IP phones or to groups of up to 50 phones simultaneously. Audio is broadcast to the speaker on your Cisco IP phone (and will skip phones currently in use)."

https://www.singlewire.com/ic-why-informacast-advanced.html

---------------------------
Please rate helpful content (i.e. videos, documents, comments). Also, please select the correct answer(s) if any comment(s) answer your question otherwise the questions remains on the support forums as unanswered
---------------------------