Helpful
Replies

Recommended training to deploy BE6000 at medium size business

aleksa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Would appreciate your advice.

Need to deploy BE6000 solution in a medium size business.

Have CCNA Voice, but didn't have hands on after it.

Same with CCNA Data centre.

Experienced with switching and routing.

Got PEC and CBT Nuggets access, but not the time to go through all materials.

Which materialss would you pick first?

Thanks!

Alex

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is probably not the answer you're looking for, but you really should consider hiring a consultant to do this, who has solid experience deploying the solution, and hands on experience with all the products, to make sure you end up with a good solution, that is going to be supported by Cisco, and not have problems down the road, that might take more time and money to fix once everything is already configured, instead of getting it right from the beginning for a good start.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie,

thanks for replying, but outsourcing was never plan for this deployment.

If I had that approach, would have never progressed any further from CCNA :-)

Well if you really want to do it yourself, then I would suggest that you should start with it and then come back if you have questions. As far as the checklist is concerned, I would go like below:

1) Mount your BE6K in the DC and make sure that there is network connectivity to it.

2) Check if you are able to access the CIMC, KVM console and the ESXi host after configuring the required IP Address, SM, DG etc.

3) Once it is confirmed that you are able to access CIMC and ESXi host remotely, configure your RAID options in case you do not want to keep what comes by default

4) BE6K comes along with the required bootable images and OVA templates. Hence, just start deploying the application one by one and you should be able to do it. There are lot of videos and material on the web for this thing as far as installation of UC products is concerned using the vSphere client

Last but not the least, if you stuck with something or have specific questions feel free to come back and post your questions here at CSC.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

thanks a lot, unfortunately, customer has postponed this project, but I hope to get on it actually...