Views
Helpful
Replies

Space on cms passcode

Erwinnugros1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I already configure the cms, when my client create a space from CMA with passcode, the guest still able to join the space with wrong passcode. Is there any wrong configuration or miss configuration.. 

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just tested this myself by creating a space using CMA and giving it a passcode.
When I join using the hyperlink from the invite, it only prompts me for a username. This is because the hyperlink contains an alphanumeric secret and an ID which resolves to the space, this combination of secret and ID bypasses the passcode, see What security is there for accessing spaces.

When I browse to the Web Bridge and manually enter the Call ID and leave the passcode blank, it gave me "Call ID or passcode incorrect". However, when I entered the passcode, it let me in.

I'm running version 2.2.9.  How do you have your Web Bridge configured under Configuration > General > Web bridge settings?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What version of CMS are you running?
Is the "guest" an actual guest who is not associated with your organization or a user who has a CMA account themselves?
The passcode is used for guests only, CMA users can always enter a space without using a passcode.

@Patrick Sparkman wrote:
What version of CMS are you running?
Is the "guest" an actual guest who is not associated with your organization or a user who has a CMA account themselves?
The passcode is used for guests only, CMA users can always enter a space without using a passcode.

Hi Patrick, Thx for reply,

Im using Cms version 2.2.

Its for guest only. The guest join using hyperlink invitation, but still able to join with wrong passcode. The other question, Is the problem will exist if I login the CMA and test the hyperlink invitation  using web bridge in same PC/laptop?

I just tested this myself by creating a space using CMA and giving it a passcode.
When I join using the hyperlink from the invite, it only prompts me for a username. This is because the hyperlink contains an alphanumeric secret and an ID which resolves to the space, this combination of secret and ID bypasses the passcode, see What security is there for accessing spaces.

When I browse to the Web Bridge and manually enter the Call ID and leave the passcode blank, it gave me "Call ID or passcode incorrect". However, when I entered the passcode, it let me in.

I'm running version 2.2.9.  How do you have your Web Bridge configured under Configuration > General > Web bridge settings?

My web bridge settings is require passcode before join space. But why when I click hyperlink invitation the guest is able to connect space without passcode. And If I manually wrote the web bridge URL https://joinmeeting.XXX/call ID the passcode is normally function? 

hallo anyone, any suggest for the hyperlink passcode problem ?