cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Root Certificate

JosephM
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for some documentation or assistance with my Unity Root Certificate. It appears to have expired some time ago - looks to be self signed. Do I simply select "Root Certificate", then "Generate New Root Certificate"

I am trying to get into Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability  > Tools  > Service Management  > stop and restart the Connection Notifier  service, but I get an error message when I try to access Service Management. I've already reset the admin password through the CLI with the same results. I read elsewhere that the expired cert might be why. Either way, I need to renew that cert. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Look at this document for how to renew certificates on a Cisco UC system. Cisco UC Certificates Renewal Guide It was initially written with CM in mind, but in general it can be applied to any Cisco UC system.

Response Signature

did you even read the question? 

I think @Roger Kallberg was answering the first of the questions, "Do I simply select "Root Certificate", then "Generate New Root Certificate""

What error do you receive when you attempt to access Service Management? Have you restarted the Cisco Tomcat service via the CLI? (That can sometimes fix GUI menu errors.)

Maren

That's my point the doc he provided doesnt cover the steps on how to regenerate "Root Certificate" on CUC. 

You don’t regenerate root certificates in any CVOS system, they get updated when the system is upgraded or if it’s not Cisco provided certificates you’ll get the new certificate from the CA and upload it into the system.

Response Signature

No, that's not accurate. Please login to CUC, navigate to Telephony Integrations>>Security>>Root Certificate. There is a "Generate new" button.

I know that option exists, but it is not applicable for CA certificates. The CA needs to generate its certificate and then you upload it to the trust store. Apart from that you seem to be talking about some other certificate than the OP as he was referencing certificates in OS administration, that’s anyway how I read his post.

Response Signature

@Andrei1 - You will want to trust what @Roger Kallberg says. He is expert at certificates and certificate renewal.