cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Centre Virtual for ESXi on Prem Hypervisor

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

Is this available yet, I currently use Infrastructure Prime version 3.1 and old 5508 WLC's, we are now refreshing the infrastructure with Cisco 9800-40 WLC's and was going to upgrade Prime to Version 3.10(x) but that has gone EOS/EOL so looking at what's next? We have purchased all of the new AP's 1250 of the 9115ax with DNA subscription as it was a requirement but felt at the time DNAC appliance was over the top for our requirements and very pricey. I have since seen that there is a DNAC virtual option for AWS and also on prem? 

Is there anything PI like or are we now restricted to DNAC hardware appliances?

4 Replies 4

Hi

DNAC virtual is available  in the cloud and on prim. check this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y8T_x2VKw

It seems DNAC will replace Prime for good.  

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio, all well and good however the first line states: -

While not supported by Cisco, it is possible to install Cisco DNA Center virtually in ESXi. This is perfect for CCIE lab studies or even proof of concept in a work environment. 

Unfortunately I am looking for a management solution for a live environment. I have seen a document that is about DNAC being available for AWS and on Prem H1 this year, this is what I am interested in. Do I need to wait and go with Prime 3.10 until DNAC is scaled down and made available for on Prem?

Prime will be dead soon. If you are interested in DNAC for live environment, I´d say is better wait.