cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pings drop for VM host connected to VPC switches

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

So I have a VM on a server that is connected to a Sw1 and Sw2 that are configured for VPC so the server the VM is on is dual homed.

I can ping the VM at 172.16.10.10 for couple minutes or so then I can't for couple minutes or so.

The switches do all the routing for the subnet with SVI10 which is configured with HSRP.

Anyone know what I should check if connectivity/ping to the host 172.16.10.10 works sometimes and sometimes not?

1 Reply 1

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

This is supposedly only with host in this vlan/subnet. Like I said, issue is only intermittent with sw2.

Here are some applicable configs:

interface Vlan214    (all same for both peer switches in VPC domain except where noted)                                                           
  description VM                                                      
  no shutdown                                                                   
  no ip redirects                                                               
  ip address 172.16.10.10/24                                                   
  hsrp 10                                                                      
    preempt                                                                     
    priority 105  (default priority on peer switch 2)                                                              
    ip 172.16.10.1                                                            
    track 1 
-----------------------------------
Both interfaces for port connected to server same
interface Ethernet1/8                                                           
  speed 1000                                                                    
  description Server                                               
  switchport mode trunk                                                         
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 10
switchport trunk native vlan 100                                            
  no shutdown 

--------------------------------------