cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Mail Notifier and Multiple Profiles

sstudsdahl
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to configure the mail notifier to send an email to different email addresses based on different events occuring?

For example, if I have a power supply failure event, notify emailaddress1. If I have an event occur for an authentication failure, send an email to emailaddress2.

Thanks

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Quick answer is, No. Although you can set up multiple subscription profiles, you can only setup recipients common to all profiles. So what you are asking for is unfortunately ot possible in DFM1.2.x

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Quick answer is, No. Although you can set up multiple subscription profiles, you can only setup recipients common to all profiles. So what you are asking for is unfortunately ot possible in DFM1.2.x

Hi Steve

This example sends email to two users when DFM can ping a device, but SNMP requests timeout with no response. (You could also modify the recipients fields to send a page, referencing the appropriate paging mechanism for your environment.)

ProvidesAdditionalParams = MailAdapterParams::mail_Notifier-Parameters

{

# Recipients = "username1@host.domain,username2@otherhost.otherdomain"

# SenderId = "daemon@localhost"

# MailServer = "mailhost.domain"

}

SubscribesTo =

{

GA_ChoiceSubscription::Mail-All-Subscriptions

{

# Subscribe to events whose class, instance, and event

# names match the given pattern.

className = "SNMPAgent"

instanceName = ".*"

eventName = "Unresponsive"

aggregates = FALSE

symptoms = TRUE

}

}

You can find more information on: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008017986c.html

Hope this help...

Please let me know if you configured this option successfull.

Cheers

Charly