Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC/FTD IPSEC tunnel down email alert

chrisvanwyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Has anyone setup an alert via email from FMC or FTD for ipsec tunnel down. I have added the log ID's added them to critical alerts and added email setup.

Regards

Chris

3 Replies 3

lciccare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @chrisvanwyk ,

for you to setup email alerts on your FMC when a VPN tunnel is down, you need to leverage the "Vpn Status" health module in your Health Policy and then the "Helth Alerts" feature.

This is an overview of the steps needed to implement the solution:

• make sure that the "VPN tunnel status" is checked within the Health Policy for your device. You can tune your Health Policy by navigating through 'Configuration-> Health -> Policy' and then editing the one active. 1.0.png
  • Navigate under 'Configuration-> Health -> Policy -> Health Alerts -> Add' and create a new alert including the severity and the VPN Status module1.1.png
  • Deploy the new updated Health Policy from the 'Configuration-> Health -> Policy -> Deploy Health Policy".

You can find additional information about the Health Modules in this guide Firepower Management Center Configuration Guide, Version 7.0 - Health Monitoring.

Hope this  was helpful

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Secure Firewall (formerly known as NGFW) through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Network Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-network-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4416493] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Let me know if you have question / issue.

Thank you,

Luca

Thank you will test and provide feedback.

Regards

Chris 

Hi Luca

The current Policy was configured are per above I will ask them to check the correct emails are added to the policy.