cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many sensors and how many CSPM??

facundog
Level 1
Level 1

I am thinking in instal several sensors in our network. How many sensor can I configure in the same CSPM??

And how many CSPM can I use in the same sensor?

Do I need a special licence?

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The developers generally say around 30 sensors is the maximum on one CSPM server, but it will depends greatly on how many alerts each sensor is receiving. Make sure to put good and regular database maintenance practices in place to avoid database issues (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/ismg/policy/ver23i/idsguide/ch11.htm).

You should only manage each sensor from one CSPM server, although you can set the sensor up to send alerts to more than one CSPM server if you like. There's an "Additional Destinations" tab under the Advanced tab in CSPM, you can configure the sensor to send alerts to another CSPM server here. Note that when doing this you still need to add the sensor into the Topology on the 2nd CSPM server so that it will accept the alerts.

So the number of sensor depends on the number of alerts only, no licence related issues are involved, right?

Thank you very much.

CSPM 2.3.3i is sold as part of the VMS Bundle. VMS if I remember correctly is sold with either a 10 device license (limits you to just 10 sensors) or an Unrestricted license (The typical user purchase).

You will likely want the Unrestricted license. With the unrestricted license it is the number of alerts that usually determines the number of sensors.