cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't know the initial access password of Guard XT and Detector XT

skytosky
Level 1
Level 1

Our company have purchased Cisco Guard XT and Detector XT for test purpose. But, we can't know the initial access password of these devices.

Cisco documentation is telling that "Type admin to answer the user name. Type in the password supplied by Cisco". What's the password supplied by Cisco. What should I do? Let me solve this problem. Please~

Best Regards,

Alex Seo from R.O.K.

3 Replies 3

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Don't know what the documentation doesn't give the default username and password. I'll take a look into this. Try admin/rhadmin for the username/password combo on both the guard and detector and see if that helps.

Scott

Thanks for your good answer

Have a good time!

Blakely435
Level 1
Level 1

@skytosky wrote:

Our company have purchased Cisco Guard XT and Detector XT for test purpose. But, we can't know the initial access password of these devices.

Cisco documentation is telling that "Type admin to answer the user name. Type in the password supplied by Cisco". What's the password supplied by Cisco. What should I do? Let me solve this problem. Please~

Best Regards,

Alex Seo from R.O.K.

If you're unable to obtain the initial access password from Cisco support, you may need to reset the password on the devices. This typically involves accessing the device's console port and following specific steps outlined in the documentation or provided by Cisco support.