Helpful
Replies

Aggregate Service Police on ASR1K

Amirmahdi.M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

here is the scenario.

We are giving 3Gbps internet service to a user through 2 connection.

there are 2 different vlan ids and 2 bgp peers with the user.

we the serving the service on an ASR1002-HX and the vlans are coming through a port-channel with 2x10G

we have configured efp under the port-channel and created BDI interface to set the ip addresses.

we wanted to police both BDI interfaces to 3Gbps so the maximum aggregated bandwidth the user uses doesnt go past 3Gbps.

if i had one 10G link from the ASR1002 i could use service-group under the BDI or efp but because it is a port-channel i cant do it.

i also tried the command "platform qos aggregated-port-channel [Po number]" but after applying the command, it didnt accept efp commands so i had to roll-back.

I'd be glad if anyone can help me to aggregate police  the 2 interfaces.

Thanks

Amir

2 Replies 2

emre
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

First of all, you should change BDI. Normally, ASRs work in flexible interface mode.

Even if you provide this service over vfi mpls carrier ethernet, it must go through flexible interface.

So as an example config,

You can do traffic shapping like ethernet 1/1.100 this way

You can also do it on qos port-channel like this

policy-map PEER-Customer
class class-default
police cir 256000 bc 6000 be 6000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

Hi @emre 

The is a problem with that way

I should create the sub-interface on a port-channel. like Po3.250 and Po3.251

to be able to use qos on the port-channel i need to apply the command "platform qos port-channel-aggregate [Po number]"

If i apply the command, i will be able to use qos on port-channel BUT, efp's under the port-channel wont work and all of my l2vpn service will be dirupted.(the command below wont work)

platform qos port-channel-aggregate 3

interface Port-channel 3

service instance 500 ethernet <-- wont work!

Also using normal policy-map and service-police will police each interface seperately. I want to police 2 interfaces together.(service-group on asr1k or aggregated police on c7600)

by the way im using "asr1000-universalk9.16.06.07.SPA.bin" on ASR1002-HX

Thanks

Amir