Views
Helpful
Replies

Radkit 1.5.5 Windows Installer

Robert Saurer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I can successfully download and install https://radkit.cisco.com/downloads/release/1.5.5/cisco_radkit_1.5.5_win64_signed.exe on my Windows 10 client.

If I then open "RADKit Service" App, nothing happens. No error message + no window pops up.
RADKit Network Console + RADKit Client are okay.

Logging off/Logging on and rebooting Windows does not help.

If I uninstall 1.5.5 and install 1.5.4, The RADKit Service App works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something important here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tvanegro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robert, 

We found the cause. There is an incorrect path in the shortcut generated on windows. 
You can either use the command prompt command above OR change the shortcut path as instructed below: 

(Right click on "RADKit Service"  in start menu -> Open File Location, then right click on the "RADKit Service" shortcut -> properties and change the path from (bad):

"C:\Program Files\Cisco RADKit\env\pythonw.exe" -c "from radkit_service.entry_point_gui import main; main()"

To (good): 

"C:\Program Files\Cisco RADKit\env\pythonw.exe" -c "from radkit_service.entry_points.gui import main; main()"

Note: the path to the pythonw.exe is correct and may differ on your system depending on your installation. The incorrect part lies after the -c argument, as their was a code refactor leading to the issue. 

This will be fixed in the very next RADKit release, but you can use this workaround in the meanwhile.

Please let us know if that works for you (it did for me :)) 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tvanegro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert, 

I've just noticed this in my setup too.
We're looking into it, in the meanwhile, if you run the service through the command prompt such as: 

C:\Users\cisco>"C:\Program Files\Cisco RADKit\env\python.exe" -m radkit_service run

This should work while we fix the issue. 

tvanegro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robert, 

We found the cause. There is an incorrect path in the shortcut generated on windows. 
You can either use the command prompt command above OR change the shortcut path as instructed below: 

(Right click on "RADKit Service"  in start menu -> Open File Location, then right click on the "RADKit Service" shortcut -> properties and change the path from (bad):

"C:\Program Files\Cisco RADKit\env\pythonw.exe" -c "from radkit_service.entry_point_gui import main; main()"

To (good): 

"C:\Program Files\Cisco RADKit\env\pythonw.exe" -c "from radkit_service.entry_points.gui import main; main()"

Note: the path to the pythonw.exe is correct and may differ on your system depending on your installation. The incorrect part lies after the -c argument, as their was a code refactor leading to the issue. 

This will be fixed in the very next RADKit release, but you can use this workaround in the meanwhile.

Please let us know if that works for you (it did for me :)) 

Robert Saurer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!
Same problem for RADKit Medic:

I had to change the pythonw.exe arguments from

-c "from radkit_service.entry_point_medic_gui import main; main()"

to

-c "from radkit_service.entry_points.medic_gui import main; main()"

Hi Robert,

Yes indeed, medic is also affected by the same issue and that’s the right way to fix it.

We pushed a fix and it will be in 1.5.6. Thanks for reporting it.