Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 or RV130 UK 4G dongle support

cheesefather
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am about to upgrade my RV220W (it's EOL'd) and am looking at the RV320 (I have separate WAPs so don't need W version) as I am interested in a 4G failover/backup for the internet connection. 

There's a compatibility list for the dongles, which is ancient and hasn't been updated in forever:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/rv32x_usb_compatibility13.pdf

None of these are current models (only one supports 4G) and none are available in the UK at the moment from any of the mobile providers. I could try to get an old 3G dongle off eBay and put a new data SIM in it, but then it would only be 3G.

I took a look at the newer RV130 which has a more recent list of compatible dongles (still not a very current one), but it's isn't as good a router (for various reasons) as the RV320.

So my question is: is anyone in the UK successfully using a currently-available 4G dongle with the RV320???

Edit: or the RV130?

Thanks in advance,

Misha.

3 Replies 3

clive00011111
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue. I just bought an O2 dongle, the E3372, to use on the router as a digger took our phone line out.

Suprise suprise, it doesn't work with the Cisco RV320.

Seriously Cisco, what are you playing at? You aren't a backwater two bit company. Can you not spare someone who can add the new devices to the router? I bought this router for exactly this reason and now I find I can't add any 4G/3G dongle to it.

I'm so annoyed right now.

gaborkaszas
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 type of 4G modems working with RV 320 but as the router using ppp protocol it limits the throughput around 21 Mbps. 

steenbroberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cheesefather

This link is "dead" now. Do you have additional link for supported USB dongle 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/rv32x_usb_compatibility13.pdf