Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP-LS ; how is BGP-LS data processed in BGP RIBS

kandhla chandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on collecting BGP-LS SAFI using BMP towards Cisco's opensource project Jalapeno. I have captured packets between RR and Jalapeno on each use case to observer where we see BGP-LS and where we DON'T see BGP-LS packets.

few use cases i tried to configure under BMP configuration on RR (xrv9k 7.10.2.09I). 

1) without any route-monitoring capabilities enabled  - i DO see BGP-LS SAFI on wire btw RR and Jalapeno. and Kafka topics on Jalapeno being populated with needed data.

2) with "route-monitoring inbound pre-policy" enabled under BMP configuration - i DO see BGP-LS SAFI on wire btw RR and Jalapeno. and Kafka topics on Jalapeno being populated with needed data.

3) with "route-monitoring inbound post-policy" enabled under BMP configuration - i DO NOT see BGP-LS SAFI on wire btw RR and Jalepno and no kafka topics feeds being populated with the needed data.

4 with "route-monitoring inbound post-policy" and "route-monitoring local-rib" enabled under BMP configuration -  i DO NOT see BGP-LS SAFI on wire btw RR and Jalepno and no kafka topics feeds being populated with the needed data.

i want to understand how is Cisco XR processing BGP-LS safi ? i don't have any inbound policies applied that might be blocking BGP-LS data. why do we see BGP-LS SAFI only if we DON'T have any route-monitoring enabled or if we have ONLY  "route-monitoring inbound pre-policy" configured? 

would appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Kandhla

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card