Views
Helpful
Replies

(Cisco Packet Tracer) Can't ping the host from router

cyberWolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to networking and currently encountering problems when I ping the router from pc and pc to router. Per our activities we used router, multilayer switch, switch and end devices such as pc and printer.

1. Router can only ping multilayerswitch, and the switch, but cannot ping the PC and printer.

2. Multilayer switch was configured via eigrp and was able to ping end devices and router with vlan10 and vlan20 configured

3. The Switch was configured as trunk in g0/1 together with configured vlan1, vlan10 and vlan20 with access mode to each corresponding end devices for PC vlan 10 and for printer vlan20. and its port

4. PC can ping each other but can't ping the router and the printer

5. Printer can be ping by multilayer switch and switch but not the router and other PC

Trying to configure the activity for and for some reason that I can't figure out, I can't ping the end devices from router and vice versa

Thank you.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

View solution in original post

Hello,

what are the device passwords ?

Hello,

there were are few issues:

--> PCs have the wrong default gateway

--> the layer 2 switch has Vlan 10 and Vlan 20 interfaces configured

--> the layer 2 switch did not have a default gateway for the management Vlan (1)

Attached the revised file with end to end connectivity.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Thank you for the reply, attached is the pkt. file

Hello,

what are the device passwords ?

oh so sorry my bad.

the default password across the devices in our activity is "cisco" and to access the enable mode is "class"

Thank you

Hello,

there were are few issues:

--> PCs have the wrong default gateway

--> the layer 2 switch has Vlan 10 and Vlan 20 interfaces configured

--> the layer 2 switch did not have a default gateway for the management Vlan (1)

Attached the revised file with end to end connectivity.

Hi @Georg Pauwen apologies for the late reply I have to update my packet tracer to its latest version and the connection is quite bad.

Now it's working and ping as required, I truly appreciate the help and advice I will compare both pkt file to be able to understand better those points you mentioned above.

Thank you with gratitude

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card