cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gig Internet - 3825 Replacement

ctd_77801
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading our internet from a 50mb to a 1gb connection.

Currently running a 3825, only requirement is DMVPN termination.

3945 vs ASR vs 4451 or is there another option I'm missing?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

For gig, I believe the 3945 is a bit "light".

For gig, with encryption, I believe the 4451 is a bit "light".

For gig, with encryption, an entry level ASR 1K, should be just right.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

For gig, I believe the 3945 is a bit "light".

For gig, with encryption, I believe the 4451 is a bit "light".

For gig, with encryption, an entry level ASR 1K, should be just right.

Sounds good, it is confusing then why the 4451 is so much more than an ASR.

Only Cisco could answer that, because setting prices is a "black art".  Or course, what it costs to build something is part of the price, but market factors, component pricing, support contracts, etc., all influence setting the item's price.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card