cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to achieve redundancy for servers running multicast IP in different DC and DR

Hi Gigs,

1. Both the Messaging servers in DC1 and DC2 will be Configured with L3 address (IP schema confirmation needed based on solution)

2. Application running on the Messaging servers both at DC1 and DC2 will be configured with single multicast IP address

3. DC1 Messaging server will be active and DC2 Messaging server will be in Standby.  

4. Once DC1 Messaging server fails, manully we need to make DC2 Messaging server active (Behaviour of the application)

5. Messaging server is the sender where it will send multicast request to apps server and apps server will respond to L3 IP of messaging server (Yet to get confirmation on behaviour from application team)

6. Where my primary DC1 Messaging server fails my Apps Server will communicate with DC2 Messaging Server

How to achieve this over WAN.

a. I have redundant P2P link connected back to back from N5K to N5k (Already some L2 Vlans extended over this link between DC's for Private communication)
b. I have redundant L3 MPLS lnik between 2 DC's

6 Replies 6

tshireletso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Can you please assist me with the configurations commands for achieving redundancy for servers running multicast IP 

Hello,

basically, if both your primary and secondary (redundant) links are configured for IP PIM (dense or spare or sparse-dense), then the multicast failover would be automatic. Can you detail your specific setup/topology ?

Please find the above attached, Basically that is what i'm hoping to
achieve

How is your redundancy currently configured ? All you need to do is enable PIM on the redundant interfaces of the two Nexus and let the routing failover take care of rerouting the traffic...

Well , actually i don't know how to go on about that , i has hoping you
could helping me with that , i am still new on cisco

Hello,

post the configs of both your Nexus switches, so we can fill in the necessary bits and pieces...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card