cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR Comparison questions- C1111-8PW, C1111-8PWB, C1111X

philpbhoog
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am looking at the Cisco ISR 1100 Series routers - C1111-8PW, C1111-8PWB, C1111X-8PW

I have seem offerings for C1111-8PW and C1111-8PWB. What is the difference or are they the same thing?

Does the C1111 line have firewall and IPS or is that strictly C1111X line only?

Does C1111X-8PW exist? (router, switch, and wifi with 8 GB ram) I could not find any online.

1 Reply 1

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@philpbhoog 

Details below, note that you will need licensing to run some of the features. The last link lead you to the datasheet of these models, and you have there all required info.

RubenCocheno_0-1707379088034.png

The following licenses are available:

●      IP Base: This technology package is available as the default.

●      Application Experience (APP): This license includes data and application performance features.

●      Unified Communications (UC): This license supports basic voice communication features.

●      Security (SEC) or Security with No Payload Encryption (SEC-NPE): This license includes features for securing network infrastructure. Cisco Virtual Office is now supported on the 1100-8P and 1100-4P models with a SEC license.

◦    Performance (VPERF): This license includes features that improve IP security performance multifold.

◦    IP Security (HSEC): Further improves device performance to maximum potential.

Primary features and benefits – Cisco 111x ISRs

●      Two DRAM options: 4-GB (with 4-GB flash) base model and 8-GB (with 8-GB flash) model with app-hosting capabilities

●      Minimum supported version – 1112 and 1113: Cisco IOS XE 16.8.1

●      Minimum supported version – 1118 and 111X-8P: Cisco IOS XE 16.9.1

●      Minimum supported version – remaining 111x models: Cisco IOS XE 16.6.1

●      Maximum encrypted throughput (single tunnel, IMIX): 679 Mbps

●      4 or 8 integrated GE LAN ports (copper)

●      1 integrated GE WAN port (copper) or GE combo port (copper/fiber)

●      1 integrated Micro-USB/RJ-45 console port

●      Type A USB 3.0 port for convenient storage

●      Optional PoE/PoE+ upgrades available (4 PoE/2 PoE+ on 8 GE LAN ports and 2 PoE/1 PoE+ on 4 GE LAN ports)

●      Optional embedded LTE technology (CAT6)

●      Optional embedded access point (802.11ac wireless LAN)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-739512.html#Cisco111xISRsFlexibleWANandLANconnectivity

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card