Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR1001-4P GuestShell Support for Python-on-Box

dave.m162
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently working on an ISR1101-4P and I can't get the guestshell working as the .tar file is missing, I've noticed that on some routers the Tar file is available to download and install seperatly and I'm wondering if this is the case for this router also?

I spesifically need it for Python-on-box, pref version 3.

My IOS is: Cupertino 17.09.03a

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I spesifically need it for Python-on-box, pref version 3.  - last time i was tested on Cat 9300 was 2.7 only (but you can have app hosting with Python 3)

https://github.com/nistorj/ISR1000/blob/master/README.md

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Whilst I appreciate your reply you seem to have misunderstood the issue. We can't curently do App-Hosting, becasue we can't enable the guestshell becasue the .Tar file is missing that is required to install it.

We have used Python-On-Box sucsesfully on the CSR1000v's in the past, that had Python 3 (can't remember the exact version) and the cisco CLI Python module pre-installed. We were hoping for the same thing in the ISR1101 but, we got so far into enabeling guestshell and we ran into the below issue.

---------------------------------------------------

ISR1101#guestshell enable
Interface will be selected if configured in app-hosting
Please wait for completion
% Error: The package file /guestshell/:guestshell.tar, does not exist

ISR1101#

I only know the app hosting method to get guest shell (until nexus have different way)

until your iox running you can go further - did your iox running ?

#show iox-service

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card