Views
Helpful
Replies

reload problem with ASR-1002X routers

alf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are just in the rollout process of ASR-1002X routers. No specific or enhanced function is configured on those devices.

However, I´ve recognized, that the "reload" of such a routers brings some issues, such as:

1) after entering the reload command (this was for activating a new firmware) the router was not reachable anymore (neither via ssh nor on local 
    console) and the router did not perform a reload. However, it was still pingable and performing its routing functions. So I need to send sb out to
    power cycle the router.
    After power cycling the router comes back with the new firmware without configuration changes.

2) after entering the reload command (again for activating a new firmware) the router reloaded and came back into rommon. After power cycling
    the router it came up with the new firmware without configuration changes.

This happened on several sites with different devices and different firmware levels (XE 3.16.2S, 3.16.2bS and 3.16.3S).

The described firmware upgrade I performed always in a similar way: (copy new firmware to bootflash, performed md5 check, set boot variable and reload). Any hint or comment is appreciated...

Thx and regards

Alfred

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

the router reloaded and came back into rommon

Is the config-registry value 0x2142?

Config-Register is 0x2102.

Console in and reboot the router.  I want to see why it goes into ROMmon.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card