cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 325 + SG300-48 configuration

starbyte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ! It tursns that it is not so easy, as I thought...

I have a RV325 WAN is configured with static IP from ISP, and 3 VLANs so far so good. VLANs have DHCP enabled. I need to connect smart 48ports switch behind the router, the switch has same VLANs, and ports

as I need, but when I connect the RV325 LAN port to switch G1 port, all devices that are connected to the switch cannot be asigned IP addresses from DHCP, no internet as well...I'm doing something wrong...

on switch there are connected DVR, Server, and 35 PCs.

I need to have and remote administration to the router, switch, server...

need some help please

7 Replies 7

Hello,

I don't think this is possible. To connect the switch to the RV325, you would need to configure a trunk port on the RV325, which the RV325 is not capable of. It will let you connect a hub (essentially a dumb switch), but not a switch...

When I plug host pc at router LAN it works fine, but always gives IP 10.0.1.100

WAN=static IP w.x.y.z ; gate and DNS also provided - so far so good

VLAN as on pictures

when I connect SG300-48 switch on any LAN1-14 nothing happens, no DHCP , no Internet

nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

which port are you using on the SG300-48 to connect to the RV325 ? The SG has only two uplink ports (49 and 50 as far as I recall).

What cable are you using ? If you are using a straight cable, try a crossover, or vice versa.

I'm sorry the model of the switch is SF300-48 SRW248G4-K9-EU.

I'm migrating from two old Alied Telesys Switches (24p) , and an Old PC running software Mikrotik to Cisco. First I've changed the switches and now with SF300-48 works fine., but when I plug the RV325

the host PC connected to the switch SF300 still have network access only with the switch but no Internet of course. When I plug my laptop to LAN1-14 of the RV325 works fine internet and dhcp. Plugging my laptop to switch SF300 does not work, no IP (DHCP), no Internet....the switch has 4GB uplinks, I'm using

G1 as trunk to to RV (software Mikrotik) and G2 to Server with Active Directory. I think the problem is than I connot say to RV 325 hey I want LAN1 to be trunk and to connect it to switch G1 trunk

Using straight cable, but the cable is not the problem

Still no solution, anybody , any Ideas?

Hello,

just one thought: make sure the swittch is in L2 system mode, can you check if it is ?

Administration > System Settings > System Mode

L2 here is a picture of this mode

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card