cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Dual-WAN VPN Router. Does not let me change the MultiWAN configuration. Apply button disabled

dilipgowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently bought a RV340 for home office use. I have 2  broadband connection TimeWarner and AT&T. I want to load balance between the 2. But the router is not letting me change any of the Multi-WAN configuration settings. Apply button on the Multi-WAN configuration page is disabled.

Would appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Dilip

11 Replies 11

Hello,

what are you trying to configure ? In the screenshot, you have nothing (no interfaces) selected, so there is nothing to apply...

Attached screenshot example. Am changing the Precedence to 1 for both WAN interfaces. Setting the "Weighted by percentage" values of WAN interfaces based on their corresponding bandwidth. But the "Apply" button is still disabled. So i cannot save those changes.

Dilip

Next to WAN1 and WAN2 is a checkbox, can't you select those ?

Selecting those does not make any difference. Please see the screenshot.

Hello,

are both WAN interfaces configured for IPv4 (page 41 of the attached user guide) ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340_AG.pdf

Yes, they are. Screeshot attached. Dont if this matters, I noticed one more thing. WAN2 interface is showing ipv6 down where as WAN1 has a ipv6 ip assigned.

Hello,

I think you need to follow the steps below first:

Select WAN > WAN Settings.
Step 2 In the WAN Table, click Add .
Step 3 Select the Interface (WAN1 or WAN 2). Based on the interface selected, a subinterface name will appear just below.
Add this subinterface to the Multi-WAN table

Tried it with no luck. :( Apply button is still disabled. I see that sub-interfaces are showing down. How do i bring them up. what is the purpose of the subinterface?

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I have the same issue, tried creating sub-WANs and got nowhere with them, at least in terms of being able to make dual-WAN (load balancing) work correctly.

I'm a home user, so I'm combining one cable and one FIOS, in terms of my WANs.

The truly frustating thing is, I had this working(load balancing), and then I reset the whole router, due to some other issues, I was going to "start fresh".  Now I'm scratching my head, as to what switch/setting I had tweaked during config last time, that I'm missing.

I can actually get faster speeds by disabling my primary WAN port, because my secondary WAN has much faster speeds, but not unlimited data, so my ideal combination is if I can actually get both to work.

Right now I'm getting about 8:1 ratio on my two WANs, spread over a couple days', whereas before I had it down to about almost perfectly 1:1.

I've started "versioning" my tweaks this time, so *if* I do get it working, at least I'll have a fallback, hopefully...

Anyone else have thoughts/ideas/etc?

Figured out my own answer (to this, not the rest of the IPV6 dual-WAN handling, etc), you have to set the two WAN sources to equal precedence (i.e. both precedence "1").
Since fail-over works regardless (easy to test), this setup works for me, and allows tweaking all the load-balancing settings.

Hmm, I guess I should've said I solved the "Multi-WAN" load-balancing problem, by making the values equivalent.

On the "enabling WAN sub-interfaces" though, I'm completely stumped.  I added them to the multi-WAN page (that part seemed obvious anyway), but nothing is getting forwarded to them, despite being under the main (WAN1/WAN2 interfaces.  I also manually forwarded to them in the firewall ruleset, but still they just say "DOWN"...  

Any advice is appreciated.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone set up a dual-WAN/dual-stack configuration, outside of the test lab, with one of these...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card