Views
Helpful
Replies

shutting down BGP peers on an interface and unshdown bgp peers after

poojaryp1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,
I need help with shutting down BGP peers on an interface. It's an urgent requirement. Can someone please assist me with the command?
Thanks,
Prashanth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
The command as stated by M02@rt37  will accomplish administratively shutting down a single bgp peer howerver you should beable to shutdown all the bgp peers (if applicable) with a single command.

I would suggest though that you check the status of the peer(s) and all their relevant values ( state/received prefixes etc..) before and after you preform this action so you have baseline that everything has been shutdown and also reenabled successfully.

sh bgp ipv4 unicast summary
sh bgp vpn4 unicast all summary

router bgp xx
bgp graceful-shutdown all neighbors
bgp graceful-shutdown all neighbors active

or
neighbor  x.x.x.x shutdown

no neighbor  x.x.x.x shutdown

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @poojaryp1974 

To disable a neighbor or peer group or to gracefully shut down a link for maintenance, use the neighbor shutdown command in router configuration mode or address family configuration mode. To reenable the neighbor or peer group, use the no form of this command.

no neighbor { ip-address | peer-group-name } shutdown (...)

BGP Command Reference

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Hello
The command as stated by M02@rt37  will accomplish administratively shutting down a single bgp peer howerver you should beable to shutdown all the bgp peers (if applicable) with a single command.

I would suggest though that you check the status of the peer(s) and all their relevant values ( state/received prefixes etc..) before and after you preform this action so you have baseline that everything has been shutdown and also reenabled successfully.

sh bgp ipv4 unicast summary
sh bgp vpn4 unicast all summary

router bgp xx
bgp graceful-shutdown all neighbors
bgp graceful-shutdown all neighbors active

or
neighbor  x.x.x.x shutdown

no neighbor  x.x.x.x shutdown

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul for the reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card