Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C8000v Device template issues

Hello,

I am trying push an SD-WAN device template to a C8000v device. I keep getting the same error mentioned below. I successfully sent device templates to several vEdge devices on my network. Its just a basic config with VPN 0 and the transport interface. I already have connectivity in my underlay and have established the device in my vManage. If you need any other configurtation please let me know and Ill be happy to provide. The template fails within about 3 seconds of being pushed. 

DavidRuess_0-1708886433263.png

Device model for the feature/device template is just the C8000v

Output from show version on C8000v router:

cEdge-Site40-2#sh ver
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.09.01a
Cisco IOS Software [Cupertino], Virtual XE Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-
M), Version 17.9.1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2022 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 18-Aug-22 17:31 by mcpre

ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON

cEdge-Site40-2 uptime is 13 hours, 37 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 13 hours, 39 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload
System image file is "bootflash:packages.conf"
Last reload reason: reload

Smart Licensing Status: Smart Licensing Using Policy

cisco C8000V (VXE) processor (revision VXE) with 1980807K/3075K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID 9RWYDY9ZJ86
Router operating mode: Controller-Managed
4 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
32768K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
3965132K bytes of physical memory.
5234688K bytes of virtual hard disk at bootflash:.

Configuration register is 0x2102

cEdge-Site40-2#

I do see in the devices list the C8000v is CLI managed but I assume will change to vManaged once I successfully send a template to it.

-David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For anyone looking for the solution to the problem I was able to fix it. I also posted this question in other forums and believe I found the answer.....or at least it resolved the issue. My vManage was version 20.6.1 while the C8000v was version 17.9.1. Someone pointed out the compatibility matrix I linked below. Since the vManage was behind in versions compared to the device I was trying to attach the template to it probably didn't have the backend code to support the pushing of the template.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/release/notes/compatibility-and-server-recommendations/ch-comp-matrix-20-6.html

It was noted that the versions should match to help with compatibility, i.e. vManage 20.x.x should match with Edge devices of 17.x.x.

I updated my vManage to 20.9.1 and was able to successfully push a device template to my C8000v which is running on 17.9.1.

-David

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you look the config what is there on Line 27 ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Its a device template made up of feature templates. How do I search the config?

when you deploying template you can preview the config part of the deployment process.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Nothing from what I can see

DavidRuess_0-1708924277688.png

Hi,

Search for the keyword "cisco.com" on this config. Is there something related?

Even can you copy paste config here?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

For anyone looking for the solution to the problem I was able to fix it. I also posted this question in other forums and believe I found the answer.....or at least it resolved the issue. My vManage was version 20.6.1 while the C8000v was version 17.9.1. Someone pointed out the compatibility matrix I linked below. Since the vManage was behind in versions compared to the device I was trying to attach the template to it probably didn't have the backend code to support the pushing of the template.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/release/notes/compatibility-and-server-recommendations/ch-comp-matrix-20-6.html

It was noted that the versions should match to help with compatibility, i.e. vManage 20.x.x should match with Edge devices of 17.x.x.

I updated my vManage to 20.9.1 and was able to successfully push a device template to my C8000v which is running on 17.9.1.

-David